Happy Sunday, TasteMakers!
To start off the new year, CNCO, our first Artist of the Week of 2018, is here to share their Latin vibe with us! Check out these cool facts about this amazing boy band as they continue to spread their musical glamor around the world.
1. CNCO is a Latin boy band created in December 2015.
The group consists of the winners of La Banda, which was a singing competition show that aired on Univision. Recently, they celebrated their two year anniversary!
2. Their group name comes from the Spanish word cinco, which means five.
Pronounced as “Seen-co”, CNCO is made up of five members: Christopher Vélez Muñoz, Richard Camacho, Joel Pimentel De Leon, Erick Brian Colón and Zabdiel De Jesús Colòn.
3. Their first official album Primera Cita topped the Billboard’s Top Latin Albums Chart with its release.
This album includes 14 tracks which are all unique to CNCO’s style of music!
4. CNCOwners is the official fandom name of this boy band.
CNCO has a great appreciation for their fans! They often mention and give shout-outs to CNCOwners through their official social media channels. As it can be seen below, they also posted a video on Twitter made up of fan covers of their song “Mamita”.
5. CNCO won New Artist of the Year in the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards, as well as the Latin Pop Albums Artist of the Year and the Latin Pop Songs Artist of the Year.
After their several winnings at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards, this boy band is continuing to achieve international fame as more people recognize their music and talents. It is safe to say that CNCO is leading the international trend for Latin music! :D
6. CNCO recently completed their first solo tour, Más Allá Tour, that included 15 countries throughout Europe, North America, and South America.
Check out their tour video recently released through their official Youtube Channel!
7. You, too, can see CNCO perform LIVE in front of you!
Make sure you request them on MyMusicTaste and hear their great performance LIVE in your own city!